- In an effort to welcome new family members, we are pleased to offer our new virtual tour program.
- Although we love our visitors and family members, at this time, please connect with your loved one through video, personal cards, or other distance-friendly ways to connect.
- If you have an extenuating end of life situation, we are here to help coordinate special visitations for those particular times. Anyone visiting due to end of life will be screened during each visit for flu symptoms. Any visitor that screens positive will not be permitted unless it is medically necessary, requested by the resident/family AND approved by Elsa Prosch, RN, BSN | Director of Health Services.
- We screen all of our staff before entry into the community, consistent with CDC screening criteria (questionnaire and temperature reading).
- Although many states are beginning to implement plans for reopening, we serve the most vulnerable population and our timeline for reopening will be longer than the general public.
Our Commitment to Each Other
As we work together to ensure the best response for our residents, we are developing internal protocols and technology to assist with vital communication. Our digital Outbreak Command Center helps us track virus updates across affected areas throughout the country as well as current medical supply levels in our communities. Our communities are in constant contact with us regarding updates via digital forms to ensure any challenge can be addressed thoughtfully by our home office response team. Every aspect of care is being addressed on every level, every day.
We are working diligently to make sure our residents' spirits remain cared for with activities designed with social distancing and protective measures in mind. We are using every resource at our disposal to ensure our residents' emotional wellbeing during this difficult time. As we address new government guidelines restricting group activities, we will continue to work with our teams to provide stimulating activities and opportunities for safe socialization.
- Chef-prepared meals are currently being delivered to each apartment.
- Activities are individualized for each resident and continue to provide meaningful outlets for engagement.
- Technology is being used to keep residents in communication with their families and loved ones.
Ready to Help? Start Your Career Today
Here at Seasons Living, our community teams are the foundation of what we do. If you are interested in helping the most vulnerable among us during this crisis, please fill out an application. Prior experience is not a requirement, we will get you the training you need to be an asset to our communities right now. Click the link to learn more about how to Join Our Team.
- Avoid close contact
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe